We recognise the importance of an SEO audit and the benefits that come with them for structuring an SEO strategy.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is a vital cog in our search marketing activities. It allows us to focus on what matters when improving your search presence on search engines such as Google.
What is an SEO Audit and why is it important?
An SEO audit is a review of your website that highlights the strengths and weaknesses of your site from a number of perspectives:
- Technical SEO – This part of the audit allows us to discover how healthy your website is from a technical standpoint and highlight improvements such as crawl issues.
- On-Page SEO – This includes the visible elements on your website such as copy and imagery.
- Off-Page SEO – This section allows us to review how off-site activities can be improved such as link building.
Once an audit is complete the actions we identify can then be used as the starting point for the online strategy of your business.
All SEO agencies should carry out an in-depth review of your website before committing to conducting any changes to your site structure, on-site content or off-site activity.
Read more: How To Choose An SEO Agency
What are the benefits of an SEO Audit?
- The technical health of your website becomes visible highlighting key actionable tasks that will improve online visibility.
- An ongoing SEO plan can be devised to improve metrics such as sales and leads.
- On-page issues can be resolved improving how search engines understand your website.
- Create a better user experience.
- Identify areas for improvement that will improve search visibility putting your business in front of the right users.
- See what your competitors are doing or not doing showing you where you can improve in search rankings.
Are you struggling to rank above your competitors or find tackling SEO too daunting? Contact Kanuka Digital and find out how we can help.
What to expect from a Kanuka Digital SEO Audit?
We carry out a thorough review of your website in key areas including technical SEO, on-page SEO and off-page SEO.
This focuses on any technical issues with your website that could be hindering Google’s efforts to crawl and index the site efficiently or even at all.
By analysing data gathered from our toolkit we can highlight a number of various issues that will need to be resolved. Some issues may be critical such as server errors and 404 errors. Others will be non-critical but will require addressing, issues such as meta titles being too long or short.
One specific area we look at here is your XML sitemap to make sure submitted pages are being indexed and identify any crawl errors. This then allows us to resolve issues such as redirect chains and 404 errors.
Site Speed and Mobile Optimisation
One area we pay particular attention to is website speed and mobile optimisation. Google is in the process of enabling mobile first indexing on all websites. What this ultimately means is that before your website was ranked based on how well your website was optimised for a desktop experience.
Now, however, more users are accessing websites by mobile devices than on desktop devices.
Extra Reading: Learn more about mobile-first indexing.
On-page SEO is about optimising the visible content on pages on your website. These include two key areas, copy and imagery.
The on-page SEO information we provide in an audit contains information about keywords, such as ones you are currently ranking for, internal links in content between pages on your site and page headers you’re using.
By carrying out in-depth keyword research we can create superb content that can be found by users on search engines.
Off-page SEO is all about SEO tasks that can be done elsewhere around the web to improve your online presence. An SEO strategy for your website should include off-site activities.
Tasks such as outreach whereby you contact other relevant websites to see how you can work together on guest blog posts, for instance. This ultimately building a stronger backlink profile to your website.
Need help producing an SEO Audit?
If you’re interested in working with us to produce an SEO audit to help improve your online marketing strategy get in touch using the form below.