Following on from our first YouTube guide that helped to find your custom YouTube URL, we’ll now take a look at how to change your YouTube channel name.
Many people do not realise that you can change the name of your YouTube channel. Yet, thankfully for many businesses, you’re not stuck with the name you entered when first creating your channel.
This is extremely useful, especially for businesses who have changed their brand name but don’t want to have to start afresh. You can keep your subscribers, previous content and more.
So, in order to change your YouTube Channel name, you’ll need to make sure your account is a brand account. A brand account provides you with some extra functionality over the standard personal account such as:
- Allow others to jointly manage the account
- You services including Google+, Google Photos and YouTube
To find out if your channel is a Brand Account:
- Go to the channel settings by clicking your circle profile picture.
- Click Advanced setting in the navigation on the left.
- Then under the Account Information, you’ll see a message like the one shown in the below image:
If your YouTube account isn’t a Brand Account then you’ll see the below message. So, how do you swap to a Brand Account?
How To Change To A Brand Account
Swapping to a brand account is pretty simple. In order to do so, it requires 9 easy to follow steps.
- Go to the channel switcher.
- Click Create a new channel.
- Fill out the details to name the Brand Account and verify your account. Then, click Done. This creates your new Brand Account.
- Use the account switcher to sign in to your personal YouTube channel (the one you want to move to the Brand Account).
- Go to advanced settings under the Settings menu.
- Under Account information, click the Move channel to Brand Account link and enter your password.
- Click the desired account and choose the Brand Account from the list.
- In the Already has a YouTube channel box, click Delete channel.
- Check how your channel name will appear after moving, then click Move channel.
How To Change Your YouTube Name
Once you’ve swapped to a Brand Account, you can then follow the simple steps to change your channel name instantly:
- Go to the channel settings.
- Click the Edit on Google link in the Your channel section and change name to your desired name.
- Click OK to save your changes.
After following this quick and simple guide, you should now be able to change your YouTube Channel name. To learn more top tips for making the most of your YouTube channel, keep your eyes peeled for our next YouTube Guide.