You may have heard of Search Engine Optimisation or SEO for short but what exactly is “local SEO”? Standard SEO is great for a presence in search results nationally.
Yet, if you’re a smaller business, looking to generate leads from local people in your area, you’ll want to focus your attention on local SEO. Yes, is quite different from the standard practices and so, does need extra consideration and care.
Local SEO includes not only standard SEO practices but also a raft of other activities specifically tailored to local search including link building, local keyword targeting, amongst others. Let’s take a closer look at it…
What is Local SEO?
Local SEO sometimes referred to as local search engine marketing, is an incredibly effective way to market your local business online, as it helps businesses promote their products and services to local customers at the exact time they’re looking for them online.
Learn more in our ‘Introduction to Local Search Engine Optimisation‘.
Local SEO Statistics (Infographic)
To prove that we’re not making it up, here’s our infographic of surprising stats showing the importance of the online presence of your business, locally.
Local SEO Statistics (Sources)
As you can see, Local SEO is no joke.
- 88% of local clients trust reviews. – (BrightLocal)
- 72% of local searchers will visit a store within 5 miles. – (WordStream)
- 46% of all searches on Google are seeking local information. – (HubSpot)
- 56% of local businesses are yet to claim their local listing on Google. – (Search Engine Land)
- Google reports a 900% increase in the use of “near me/close by” searches. These two search terms are prime real estate for local SEO. – (Google)
- 87% of people with a smartphone use it to search at least once a day. – (Google)
- 61% of people open to ads want them to be even more specific – to their pinpointed location. – (Search Engine Land)
- By 2020, it’s predicted that 50% of all searches will be voice-activated. Whether searchers are on a smartphone or using voice search, optimising for both can point locals to your business without even lifting a finger. – (Econsultancy)
As you can see, Local SEO is no joke. These pretty impressive statistics are evidence that its a highly important tactic to consider, particularly for businesses that have a small online presence. It’ll help to boost the visibility of your business online so that you can reach the people closest to you who want your help.
If you’re looking for advice with your local SEO strategy, Kanuka Digital can help. Get in touch with us today!